California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 9 - Book


This is part of the cover art of a coffee table book I was given for a birthday present.  Not that I was ever a total flower child, but I guess I did have my moments.  The book itself is quite interesting as it traces the late 60's - the music, the events, the counterculture movement.  Written by Barry Miles, it's a blast from the past!   

Yeah, I know it's sort of a copout insofar as photographic artistry on my part, but I liked the graphics of the book cover, the colors worked, and it was a quick one (I've spent too much time on the last few days' entries).  Tomorrow's will have to be more artistic, considering the subject. 

8 comments:

  1. I totally see you as a flower child back in the day. I know this is a cover but I like how you cropped the image so perfectly. :-) Eury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that brings back memories, or should I be admitting that! Love the color theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool subject, and yes, sometimes we have to do things to keep the time spent on these endeavours to a minimum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice frame-filler and quite applicable considering your origins. Were it not for the theme, I would have assumed it an album cover though because of the square crop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next you are going to try to tell us that you posed for the picture. It is nice that a friend could contribute to your 31 day challenge...Nice shot, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks a lot like the cover of a LP. Very nostalgic font ;)
    I guessed you had a busy day when I saw this image in the posting thread. That is part of the challenge, we all have those days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done, I too thought it looked like an old LP. Nicely croped to accentuate the graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll forgive you this time ;)
    Still matches in with the rest though, so that's a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete