California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 13 - Liquid


Rather than doing water drop splashes, which I just figured I would do when we made the list, I decided to be a little different.   It's still liquid, but this time it's food coloring floating in the water.  I'd seen the basic premise for this done before, but had not tried it.  I love the shapes that the food coloring makes in the water as it dissipates.

Oh, and for those of you who commented to me that you thought I'd do a water drop, well, I whipped out a quick one.... actually the first time I've tried doing a splash in a wine glass.  Here's a bonus picture:


10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome! Great idea and very well executed! I presume you have inverted it but it's interesting how full that glass was and how you managed to get a chance to do the drops and then quickly put the reflective lid on before it all dissipates. How many shots did you have to try? You managed a great impactful outcome. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. The colors are amazing. I was going to do something like this for my banner but then didn't and I'm kind of glad to not be compared to this. Such gorgeous colors and the swirls are amazing. The shot also has a very graphic quality that would make it an excellent piece on the wall of a kitchen or dining room. It's just great! p.s. I'm a little disappointed that you didn't do a water drop photo but this certainly compensates for that... so good! - Eury

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and how the colored drops stayed in their form without spreading into the water. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is impeccable, well done Carol, great idea and excellently pulled off.
    I also wondered if you would do a drop shot and glad you did, this one looks great - like one of those cocktails with an umbrella stuck in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen the old bar trick where you put a napkin over a glass and turn it upside down, then slide the napkin out... mystifies the mind... This is gorgeous...you are good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great idea. Love the colour and the patterns of dispersal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two mindblowing images for the price of one. I was looking forward to something cool on the liquid day and you showed us why you are our queen of droplets. I love that umbrella shape on the wineglass but I also wonder about the different ways to get that foodcolouringshot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 amazing photos! I'm actually unsure as to which one I like best. Both are just a little bit different from the usual shots that they represent. And again, the colours and crispness are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holey moley! Wow they are both stunning, so clear and crisp and colourful and I so want to know how you did the upside down one - or maybe it isn't upside down at all...

    ReplyDelete