California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 29 - Lines


Sometimes, when you least expect things, they happen.  This morning, I got my small camera backpack out, put my camera and one lens inside, and headed off to seek out some lines.  I had no specific ideas for my line image, but I did have to make one stop first, at the lab to have blood drawn for my annual physical.  Of course I left my camera backpack in the car, since I was only going to be a few minutes.

I signed in and sat down in the waiting room, read a magazine and watched as a few people were called before me.  After someone left the inner sanctum beyond the waiting room, she left the door open.  I happened to look up, and saw the markings on this door.  This is the side of the door on the inside of the office, directing people where to exit to the waiting room and beyond, and is usually closed.

Whoa!!  Check out those lines!  So, quickly, I grabbed my iPhone out of my purse and walked over to the door, while two people looked at me.  I took this shot of the pattern on the door, with the exit sign a perfect addition (in the correct color, of course!), then explained to the lookie-loos what I was doing.  

After I finished my appointment, I left and decided to go to the garden shop I had thought about going to.  I did take about 25 photos there, but don'tcha know I liked my first, serendipitous, shot the best!

So now you know the story behind this wild pattern of lines!

7 comments:

  1. Indeed a very wild pattern of lines, and the addition of the red sign is a good one. I do think it would have been good with a tad more contrast to really make those lines pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipitous is the word but it is like that sometimes; what makes you a photographer is that you recognize it when you see it. Eyes always looking further than just seeing. I smiled when I saw this as it made me think of an owl... something about the place of where the eyes would be and the form of the lines beneath. The exit sign also makes the composition work. If you would have gone there yesterday, it could have been your door photo too! :-D
    Well seen and well taken - Eury

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild and almost mesmerizing lines, every time I look at it I can see different things. Probably also because of the slight fuzziness. I like how the sign is tack sharp compared to those dancing lines. Or the heart monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what wood made those wild lines? Nicely composed with the sharp exit sign a good contrast. Funny how you could have swapped yesterdays and todays shots for the them of the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just some plain bizarre lines. There must be some kind of a test in there...just don't know what it is testing???

    ReplyDelete