California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 18 - A Stack of Something


I've always wanted to try this, but like a lot of things I see that I want to try, I never get around to it unless there is a reason, like a contest or a challenge.  I have always liked these stacked fruits, or vegetables, and didn't think it would be that hard to do.  WRONG!  While it's not as hard as other things, it is nevertheless confounding to take four apples selected for similar size, slice them, and have them come together into a stacked apple without a lot of trial and error, and a whole lot of slices lying around in lemon water (to prevent the slices from turning brown).  One might think that I could get four stacked apples from my various slices.  But no..... it doesn't seem to work like that.   I got this one, which was the best, and another shorter one.  After that, the slice sizes just didn't work together at all.  As soon as I finish posting this, this prop will have the same fate as my prior food props.   LUNCH!!  Dipped in some peanut butter!   Yum!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I was thinking of doing something similar with 2 types of pairs... just a mix of green and red, but I'm glad I didn't as your stack look amazing and to read how they are much harder to do than it looks, I'm doubly glad. I love that you make the slices not just straight (as I would have done) as it makes it that much more interesting. Simply lovely shot taken outside in the nice warm weather and just offset enough for perfect and dynamic composition. Super well done.. and looks yummy too.
    Eury

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was, wow, that looks difficult to get different fruit cut to align and then I read your details on what you did and you confirmed that. Very nicely done and I love (and recognize) the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did very well to put this all together. A fabulous outcome and I can fully appreciate all the work that went into making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea and really well pulled of, love the extreme bokeh in the background also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, the only thing you are missing here, is peanut butter between the slices... LOL I am sure that would have made your whole task simpler. Either that or you could have maneuvered a bite out of this sole apple... imagine trying to that. See it could always be more difficult :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Great work ...so, where do you buy these hybrids?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think everybody has a list of of trying some day and I think it's good to try iconic shots and give them your own twist, a great way to analyse and learn. I like the different colours and how you did not cut them superstraight as that would have been boring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have just about nailed this, I like the variety of shapes you have used. It would be very interesting having the different tastes and textures to compare. (I don't remember eating apple and peanut butter I must try it one day for a healthy lunch)

    ReplyDelete