California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 5 - Silverware


Oh my, oh my, oh my......   while trying to respond to Marga's implied challenge to keep the same color scheme for the first row of my poster, I tried to figure out how to get silverware to tie in with the yellow-beige-reddish color palette my first four days.  A reflection was the only answer, since silverware is, well, silver (take note, MadamMtnLion).   

I dutifully hunted for something in the appropriate colors to reflect onto the silverware, and after digging through boxes of gift wrapping materials, came up with a gift bag which had various ocean-themed shapes, but with the right colors.  So I trudged down to the garage to take some pictures with my trusty old macro lens.  

When I came upstairs to see how the images looked, check focus, lighting, reflections, etc. I saw a Skype message from Eurydice wondering how I was doing on my daily shot.  She mentioned that she had been late in doing hers.  I did a quick reply saying I'd just come upstairs to check my memory card to see if I was on the right track.  I decided to check hers out.

ACK!!!!  My exact written response to her on Skype was "CRAP!!!!!!   Yours and mine are the same idea!!!"   What are the odds of that? 

So, rather than try to find another idea for silverware, here is my interpretation of a reflection on the back of a spoon. 

Bottom line...we did not discuss, confer, collaborate, conspire or otherwise plan on the same idea for this day's shot.   Just lucky, I guess.    :)

13 comments:

  1. First off it is obvious great minds think alike. This is a beautiful shot, and ties in wonderfully with your first row! Very ingenious! Very talented you are, even if you do rule with an iron fist as the list police...LOL You got the swirl perfectly centered and the DOF is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck involved, dear - great minds simply think alike - (she says: tongue in cheek) Actually, seeing your beginning of your poster, it does have that warm California sunshine look and looks great. I haven't decided on anything about my poster yet, so it will just be a big jumble of everything. Oh, well! Sigh.
    Now for the image. I like your choice of putting the scroll right under the spoon as it really does look fantastic. It almost looks like it's engraved under the spoon. Lovely work, but your work always is.. of course! Eury

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome and you kept the color scheme going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and well taken, Dof excellent .Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that there's two identical ideas, it was part of the original experimentation idea was it not? You should both just feel lucky that they so similarly matched in good quality, better that way than one totally outshining the other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... that is so clever! The rich colour, the in focus reflection and the depth drawing away... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I was just about to comment on how uncanny it was that you and Eury did such a similar idea! Amazing. Yours looks lovely, and I am very glad that you kept your colour scheme going, because it works very well in your poster, and as a shot standing on its own too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tadaa, I knew you could do it. Very clever of you solving the problem this way.
    I love how you managed to combine a very tight dof and keep the spoon recognisable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I scrolled down the page on Worth to edit my own post, your photo shot by and in that flash it looked to me like a scoop full of molten ice cream. However, when I looked at it for longer than a second, I got mesmerized by how deep and clear the reflection is. Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh!! YUM! Chocolate Raspberry Swirl ice cream!! Now you're talking.... :)

      Delete
  11. Another beautiful shot from you, I agree great minds think alike! I love how you have placed the scroll, the colours and detail are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how similar the two shots are! And yet they both still give off very different feels.

    ReplyDelete