California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 14 - Bottle


Today I pay homage to SecretAtlantis.  Aside from urging me to try to maintain a generalized color scheme, she has been doing many rain-related images.  We haven't had enough rain to get beautiful rain-streaked windows with appropriate daily subjects so far, but I solved that problem!  I posed today's subject bottle (of canola oil, if you must know) behind my rain glass shower door!   Here's to you, Marga!

** While this does look like an abstract painted with a palette knife, it's better viewed sitting back from your monitor.   ;)

9 comments:

  1. You certainly pulled this one off, especially as a homage to Marga, as the moment I saw it, my first thought was "that makes me think of Marga's image with her cat". How very creative and clever and I think Marga will be very honored that you did this. Love how the yellow shimmers through the glass too. Very creative! Eury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative mind you have there :) If you had gone a little more psycho, you could have had all your colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, MML. I could have flung some tomato juice around there. Or better yet, filled my bottle with it...

      Delete
  3. Nice homage to Marga. I guess I would eventually identified this as a bottle were it not for the theme, although I did guess at a perfume bottle over a bottle of cooking oil :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty absract with lovely graduation of tones across the frame. Great colour scheme to match your poster and a very subtle and clever representation of the bottle subject of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carol I'm so honoured you decided our wet season with a rainy image. Your door looks very rain realistic and I love the distortion on the bottle. I'm also very proud that you still manage to keep the colourscheme alive.
    Yesterday we had 15 (!) minutes of snow and I'm hoping frost and snow will fill the next 15 days but I fear it will be more brownish and wetness ;( . Remember the bicyclemonth? Thirty days of snow and ice to create white backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very abstract :) I do wish there was a touch of red in there somewhere though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sure is thinking outside the box :-) A great tribute, funny how oil looks like perfume when seen through rain streaked glass!

    ReplyDelete