California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 2 - Rust


Hunting rust.......  sometimes hard!   Aside from a few bolts, it was hard to find anything rusty around here.   "Around here" is a whole new concept for me in these 30-day challenges, since I've tended to drive far and wide for prior challenges, and decided to try to make it a bit easier this time around.  So, here is my lucky find - a rusty spout of a watering can I saw by the garage.  The rest of the watering can wasn't rusty at all - lucky I moved it and saw this side.  Sadly though, it doesn't look like it would be very efficient anymore.

10 comments:

  1. Love the watering can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice framing and composition with the faint blue showing at the left. I think you should give it another chance, cos despite being covered in rust, I think those holes would still work perfectly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carol. I see you can understand how I was feeling trying to find something made out of rust. I guess everything is now made out of stainless steel. I'm amazed at how incredibly sharp your rust texture is - really can sense its grittiness. I agree with Kim about the bit of blue - wonderful complement to the orange. Good composition too! Well done! Oh and thanks for adding the name/url thing as since I'm also playing, I want if someone click on it that it goes to my website instead of a defunct old blog :-) Eury

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not spectacular, but a nice representation of the theme. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I totally agree! But without a lot of rust to choose from, I took what I could find! :)

      Delete
  5. Cool way of framing and focussing that watering can. I'm glad you managed to find something close to home after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very nice piece of rust and I am glad you were able to find it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky indeed, most watering cans are plastic these days, Just enough to tell me what it is but not enough to lose the rust in a bigger picture. I like the Dof. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh you could have gone door to door, asking for rust in lieu of a cup of sugar... LOL BTW if you would read your facebook, a friend of yours posted what you can do with crumpled up aluminum foil!!! You rub in on rust, to make it go away. I am sure you have some foil, that you don't have to wash for such a purpose... Tee Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand not being able to find rust! I really like how there's only a little bit on this one - there may only be a bit, but the colour is quite strong. Against the blue also, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete