California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!
California Girls' Spectacular List of Everyday Things!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 15 - Outside Fruit


Today was a super busy day, with my being gone all morning, part of the afternoon, and the evening.  I came home between appointments, as the sun was starting to set, grabbed an orange off my miniature orange tree (no kidding!), and since it was so ripe, I decided to try this idea.  It was a fast shot as the sun was shading my front patio, and I was just able to get the shot before it got too dark.   I was hoping juice would go up the straw, but no such luck and I didn't have time to "arrange" that.  Then off to the next engagement, a surprise birthday dinner party for a dear friend.  Now I'm back home and just getting the picture posted at the end of the day.  Whew!     

Oh, and after the shoot, I did, once again, eat my prop... (only the orange, thank you), and it was as juicy on the inside as it was on the outside.  

12 comments:

  1. Great idea and well executed, hurried or not. Love the dripping juice trail and the setup is very interesting with all that glass. It certainly doesn't look like it's getting dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. The wonders of Photoshop.... the image was a lot darker out of the camera, even with the lens wide open at 2.8. :)

      Delete
  2. Great composition and I love the complimentary colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in California, I thought you would have at least figured out the optimal way to drink orange juice by now? Or is that exactly what you have done here and the rest of us just lagging behind? :-)
    Good shot irrespective, congrats on reaching the half-way mark (almost)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Carol, you say it's a fast shot but you have such good experience, your brain doesn't allow you to take a bad shot. It just knows what to do and doesn't have to think it over very long. It's looks good and so juicy..... yes, Photoshop sure can help us out in a jam and you really know how to use it. The glass and saucer underneath and the bright green straw make it all look very fresh and tasty. Well done girl! Eury

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun concept, for me that dripping juice makes the shot (and it fits your dropping skills as well). It looks sunny and inviting. Beam me up Carol ... ehm Scotty :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, looks tasty. For a quick shot it's turned out lovely, and also doesn't look dark at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me thirsty. Did you manage to suck any of the juice out with the straw? I agree with the others, the drip makes it looks so much more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did get some juice that way, only because the orange was VERY ripe and spewed a little juice when I stuck the skewer in it to put the straw in. After the shoot, I did get a couple of swallows of juice, but the straw wasn't in it very far. I just cut it up into sections and ate it conventionally afterwards. :)

      Delete
  8. Great idea with a nice reward (eating the subject)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made the orange come alive, and now I feel sorry for it :-) Looking at this there is no hint of the darkness, Photoshop is wonderful, as are you coming up with a creative shot on a busy day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang do I love that dribble. You can see the orange color, and it looks so thick and tasty. Maybe I need to sneak up at night and pluck a few :)

    ReplyDelete